• Request More Info

  • Are You a Victim of Breach of Fiduciary Duty?

    When you put your money in the hands of a trusted professional, you should expect that professional to do his or her duty and act in your best interests. These interests can include stocks, trusts, estates, and other such important things.

    A breach of this duty can be defined in several ways, most commonly the following:

    • Failure to provide proper care, or negligence
    • Intentional or unintentional breach of confidentiality
    • Change in loyalty, or failure to act in the principal client’s best interest for the purpose of furthering another client’s interests

    If you suspect that you have been a victim of one or more of these, don’t wait to act! An attorney at the Northridge area Law Offices of Savin & Bursk can help you reclaim your money or seek compensation for the damages caused by the fraud perpetuated upon you.

    Have You Been a Victim of Fiduciary Fraud?

    Fiduciary duties are taken very seriously, as good care can be crucial to one’s income and livelihood. In California, this type of fraud can be malicious or the product of inattentiveness, and is called such when the fiduciary stops acting in the best interests of the principal client and instead uses the client’s trust and finances for his or her own benefit.

    This can mean that the fiduciary uses his or her client’s money in unethical ways, intentionally gives the client false information, or gives the client purposefully confusing information and paperwork to hide misdeeds, among other things.

    Contact the Law Offices of Savin & Bursk today to ask about the validity of your case.

    How Can You Fix the Problem?

    Fortunately, many situations do not require proof of intent; usually, a case against the fiduciary in question can be built from suspicion and proof of loss. Although you cannot fix the problems that have already been caused, you can and should seek compensation from the fiduciary and any associates who participated in the breach.

    Criminal charges are not generally associated with this type of case; however, in some situations, you may be able to file such charges separately if your attorney advises you to do so.

    Find Us Here

    Request a FREE Initial Consultation!

      (818) 488-6455